Saturday, October 20, 2012

young blood, craters, el lago, end of BPY?, move yo feet don't stop dahncing

Bam Bam's quick trip was quite the whirlwind.  Besides rattling his cage and welcoming him to daily life in Guatemala, we did quite a bit in just a few days.  Hiked Chicabal, an extinct volcano that now hosts a crater lake and some pretty money views.  It's now used for a myriad of Mayan rituals, which was an added bonus seeing the altars around the lake.  The SF duo thought the hike was killer but I'd say it was about 10% as difficult as Tajulmolco...sorry friends haha.

Partied our faces off, owned the dahnce floor as per usual on Wednesday then headed to Lago Atitlan on Friday.  Finally made it there and wow how awesome.  The lake's surrounded by a handful of extinct volcanoes with views galore.  The chicken bus creeps in over the mountain tops and you wind down into town, the meanwhile having your mind blown by the views.  Did some eating, drinking and kayaking then came back to Xela on Friday.

Came back on Friday just in time to start boozing again.  On the way to dinner I called an audible and took the ladies to a local cantina.  AKA a kinda restaurant/bar in the back of a typical tienda.  So a few plastic tables, loud music, wasted Guatemalans and cheap booze and food.  I'm not sure who enjoyed it more.  Us or the wasted locals shocked to def that three white people would come in and drink there.  Went to dinner then obvi out to da club.  In some wasted stream of thought I asked my friend Ailsa out to dinner.  I've been thinking for a while that the time's come to ease my way out of BPY.  I mean don't get me wrong, it's been undoubtedly one of the best times of my life.  Just I feel that two years of BPY'ing has refreshed me and granted me new perspectives on life, love and relationships after the two cunts I dated back-to-back before.  So as my teacher says, it's time for the next step.

Anyway, la chica's a pretty interesting dichotomy of a party-loving princess and an ICU nurse that wants to work in disaster relief.  Yeah, my kinda person.  So we went out to Thai, yes Thai, and it turned out to be phenomenal.  Went out with the other homies again that night, back to class after a few hours of sleep then back out on the town last night.  I'd like to say I'll be taking a break from the sauce but I don't see that happening.  Leaving for El Salvador this afternoon.  Likely will fit in Nicaragua and Honduras but vamos a ver doggies.  Que Dios les bendiga.

No comments:

Post a Comment