Friday, May 11, 2012

super jeal, wrong team, stuck again, new developments

Manuel Antonio, though touristy, actually grew on me quite a bit.  I ended up being the only guest at this family-run hostel which gave me a great opportunity to practice spanish and hang out with the fam.  The owner is a hottie latina with a personality stronger than costa rican coffee.  If she wasn´t 40 with 3 kids I tots mcgoats would have been all about that.

The other morning I walked into the kitchen to find a man about her age cooking bfast without his shirt on.  Though I knew it wasn´t meant to be, I must admit that I felt a tinge of jealousy surge through my veins.  Well anyway, he offered to go with me to watch the lakeshow later that night (they´ve really been sucking btw) and I was down.  At the bar that night he asked if I wanted a chica por dinero (hooker).  Nah dude, I don´t play that game.  I asked him the same.  He gave me a look of longing before whispering, "no, un chico".  LOL turns out he´s the hostel owner´s gay brother.

Spent the next few days with the fam having a good time.  Went snorkeling, hiking through the park, etc., all good.  They took me to a secluded beach outside of town where it was just poor locals and washed up American surfers.  BTW eating mangoes by biting through the flesh is like wayyyyy better than wasting your time trying to cut pieces off the pit.

I stayed a couple extra days in ML Antonio to help redo their site and got a free night´s stay and some food.  She wants me to come back and keep working so who knows!?!?!

Well, I was down until last night, when her brother texted me that he liked me.  Um, yeah.  I made it abundantly clear in both spanish and english that I only play on one team, but I kept getting the sense that he wanted to help me switch.  Don´t know if I´m going back now!!

Got into Montezuma after an epic 7 hour journey yesterday that spanned across sea and land, over mountains and through winding passes.  No, not really.  It wasn´t bad at all.  Within an hour I was chilling on the beach, smoking a phat spliff with a hot chick and rasta swedish dude by my side.  I think I like this place.

In other news, I´m crazy excited that we just got our initial funding for the One Family One Garden aquaponics initiative.  We´ll be putting a garden with school curriculum in a high school in Oakland and another one in Guatemala.  Thuper excited but kinda scared too.  I mean it´s gone from me just getting stoned and scribbling notes and sketches to now I actually have to make it work.

But as the great philospher Russell Brand says in Get Him to the Greek, "I think I feel nervous.  But it´s good to feel something!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment