Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mucho Amor, heading to Quy Nhon


I fell in love with Hoi An. I also fell in love here. Well, not really but I met one of the coolest chicks ever. She's a Greek Canadian and has like the same exact perspective on life as I do. Just LTD babay. We talked for a while about the necessity of solitude and how it molds you into a better person. Someone once said, "Use solitude as a millstone, to extract all that is good." And we couldn't agree more.

Really though, everyone I met in Hoi An was thuper cool. Eva and David, from Germany, are gonna be lifelong connections and I'll hopefully be joining them in Colombia. Erin lives in Arizona and works for the Forest Service researching the Mexican spotted owl. So she essentially sits in the woods at night, gets stoned, and hoots for owls. Pretty sweet gig if you ask me.

Hoi An's a quiet town with great food and the friendliest people. The weather's been acting up so I didn't get to go diving, but we still had a great time.

We took a cooking class, hung out at the beach and I did the essential Hoi An thing to do - got some shoes made.

The other night Alby wanted to stay in but I agreed to just. one. drink. with a German couple we met. Well 1 quickly turned into a dozen and I somehow found myself DJ'ing at a bar until 4am. So much dahncing. They even offered me a job afterwards but I don't think my liver (or the rents haha) would be happy with that.

I could seriously stay here for a while. It's such a quaint town with charming old French architecture and they light up the river with candles and lanterns at night. And omg the food. But I need to get out. Meeting up with Kim (from Halong) this afternoon then I'm taking the night bus to Quy Nhon and meeting up with Alby for some much needed R&R on the beach.

keep it real playas

No comments:

Post a Comment